none
how to degrade permission of all users in a group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,I am admin of PS 2007 application.there are 100 Project manager who are assigned in Project manager security group of project server.Due to some reason I don't want them to login on project server application and save /make changes on data (but want to keep application alive as 2-3 users are intended for some testing).

to do so I thought if I uncheck 'Log on to project server' ability at Project manager group level ,it will update to all users under this group but that doesn't seem to happening.

how can I change all project manager's ability to log on project server (of course without going on each members's permission) having my app running?

Need help

Gaur
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi there,

It depends on how your permission model is set up... Do you only have permissions set at the Group level (i.e no user level permissions)? If so remove the log on permission from the Project Server security groups will work. If you also set permissions at the user level (not recommended) then the easiest thing might be to create a new Project Server security group, add all of the PM's who you don't want accessing the system and check the Deny checkbox for log on to project server.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:45 PM
  • Thanks Paul,Yes we are following/followed group template to to give permission.This is temp requirement to keep 97 users away from server so that they don't make any change.

in earlier template ,PM group was having log on permission but for couple of hour I want to remove log on permission for 97 PM's ,which I was trying to do by going PM group -->global permission -->uncheck 'logon' ,my question is by is there any sync process where just changing template change the permission of all the users in that group?I don;t want to go on all those 97 PM's permission edit and then apply new PM's group template.

Hope I am able to explain you properly.let me know if you want to have other info

Gaur
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Hi there,

If i have understood you correctly, just changing the template will not apply the changes to the group unless you update the template then edit the group/s, scroll to the bottom of the group, select the updated template then click apply and then save.

Hope that helps?

Thanks

Paul

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:00 PM
  • I thought so but asked just to confirm.Thanks so much.

if someone can suggest a better approch I'll really appreciate .

Gaur
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:24 PM
  • No problem,

If this is temporary solution, I'd go with the new Project Server security group, add all the users that you want to prevent access, then check the Deny checkbox for the log on permission.

Thanks

Paul

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:35 PM