Outlook 2016 Many Issues with Cached Exchange Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I made a post about a month ago concerning how users were having issues searching for emails, contacts, and tasks while inside of Cached Exchange mode. The problem still persists and is causing a lot of issues in the company. We have the choice of using Cached Exchange mode and not having the ability to search for items and also have sync issues with Shared Calender's and tasks. Or we can disable cached exchange mode and deal with a very large amount of slow down.

For reference here is a list of things I found users had trouble doing inside of Cached Exchange Mode:

-Search only finds what was in the mailbox when Index is rebuilt. Nothing past the rebuild (Rebuilding the index 3-4 times a day is not a good solution, it should automatically get indexed)

-Shared Calendars can not be accessed and when they are they are not always up to date or reliable

-Emails get stuck in outbox and require restarting outlook to send (Something odd to note. It even seems that there is a different outbox for inside and outside of cached exchange mode for some people. )

These all might not be related but disabling Cached Exchange mode fixed these issues. 

Almost everyone in the building has said they would rather have the buggy exchange mode over slow down. Why does this have to be a choice? I find it hard to believe that people in larger offices just deal with either slowness or bugs. 

I have tried all of the following:

- Clean Install of Office 2016

- Deleting the .PST/ .OST

- Scanpst

- Outlook Safemode

- Rebuilding Index with Office Checked

- Changing our plan from Deferred to Current for latest updates

I have also tried these all in a fair amount of different orders, as well as trying them on different computers. Everything for each email is right on the OWA and it is right when Cached Exchange mode is disabled. It is just when Cached Exchange mode is disabled it is not fully syncing to the O365 account.

I don't feel right with telling people they have to pick bugs or slowness. What can I do to fix this?

• Edited by Will Stark Friday, July 14, 2017 1:05 PM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Will,

Does these problems affect all users in your environment?

Could you please collect the detailed build number of both Windows and Outlook then we can do further research on this?

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 1:06 PM
  • Hello Yuki,

It is not every user but it is about 5 or 6. One of which was set up with a brand new computer.

Here are the builds I am working on. I will make sure that the afflicted users are up to date as well. Though I know for sure that one of them is and is still experiencing issues specifically with the calendar and tasks.

Office:

Windows:

Monday, July 17, 2017 3:04 PM
  • Hi Will,

Several updates have been released recently. 

Please try to upgrade Office to Version 1707 (Build 8326.2059) and see if there will be any improvement.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 10:26 AM