none
"Tape detailed inventory failed" - for AWS tapes that don't exist RRS feed

• Question

• So a few weeks ago I started trying to tie our System Center DPM (v1807 on Server 2012 R2 - upgrade is planned, but I need to get this issue fixed first, if possible) to AWS via their Virtual Tape Library. It's ... not gone well. 

Based on lessons learned, I'd figured I'd tear it all out and start over. However, after removing the ISCSI connection from my secondary DPM to the AWS virtual tape library, I'm getting the following error every day (I'd post an image, but apparently that requires "account verification"):

"Tape detailed inventory failed for the following reason: (ID 3316)

DPM could not reserve the drive resource because one of the required drive resources is not online or it needs cleaning or servicing. (ID 24052)"

The "required drive resource" is the virtual tape drive that's no long associated with the DPM server. More, I can't add it back because AWS thinks there are 3 virtual tapes still in the drive, so DPMDriveMappingTool.exe fails each time I try to add the library back. 

I'm working with Amazon on their side of this, but need to resolve these AWS tape-related errors on the DPM. I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:30 PM

All replies