Keyboard problem RRS feed

• Question

• A stupid and annoying problem just started.

All was perfectly working until 20 minutes ago - I opened Microsoft Word and I noticed I could use the ctrl+shift+left/right arrow to jump and select words; funny fact is that the combinations ctrl+left/right and shift+left/right work just fine. I then checked and this extends to other applications. Besides, the combination ctrl+alt+del won't work.

I tried reinstalling the keyboard and it remained the same. I check sticky keys and the such, but all seems fine.

Any suggestions? I don't think it matters that much, but I am using windows 7 ulyimate 32 bits

Friday, January 21, 2011 12:43 AM

Answers

• Does the Alt key work? You can press Alt in Windows Explorer and see if there is any response on the menu bar.

Does it work if you re-log on?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:03 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• Does the Alt key work? You can press Alt in Windows Explorer and see if there is any response on the menu bar.

Does it work if you re-log on?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:03 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Thanks for your help! I had given hope on the keyboard, when I remembered changing the batteries... Worked like a charm... Thanks for you help!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:37 PM