Access window xp partiotion files from windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• My xp( C:) got currpted 2 days ago- while booting saying NTLDR is missing.So my work got stopped.
    But now i have installed windows 7 rc in( F:).SO windows 7 is my default OS.
    Now when i start my lap windows 7 open and drive letter got changed F: become C; and C: become D: No problem.
    Problem is i want to access( READ/WRITE) xp partition from 7.Can i do that if yes how.Because my xp is gone i just want to open (my document of xp into 7 ).

Access is denied,you don't have permmission to access. Can i migrate all my documents was in xp into 7.

Please help urgent
    Thanks.
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, June 22, 2009 9:30 AM Focus (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Monday, June 22, 2009 6:34 AM

Answers

• sa12sh,

Try the steps in this thread to take ownership of your Windows XP drive. The only thing to add is to make sure that the checkbox is checked for 'Replace owner on subcontainers and objects'.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:50 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I would sugges booting to WinPE and recover your work that way... her is a guide.. http://kongkuba1.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!EEFF1607E296E5AB!434.entry

Michael Petersen
    http://kongkuba1.spaces.live.com
    Monday, June 22, 2009 8:37 AM
  • sa12sh,

Try the steps in this thread to take ownership of your Windows XP drive. The only thing to add is to make sure that the checkbox is checked for 'Replace owner on subcontainers and objects'.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:50 AM
    Answerer
  • Win 7 always sees systemdrive as C:\
    You start Win 7 and Open internet download http://rapidshare.com/files/248200267/XP-BOOT-FILES.zip.html this file.
    And extract files and copy to C and D     DO NOT REPLACE
    Insert Win7 or WinVista Media type "cmd" (without " ) Start menu search box and press enter.
    type this:
    X:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force   (Note "X" is your Vista or 7 Media drive letter EX.   E:\   F:\ )
    And extract files again. Copy C:\ D:\ E:\ ... Do Not REPLACE.

OR

Insert XP cd restart computer.
    Boot from XP cd
    Press enter to install xp
    Press F8 to agree licence agreement
    If you see Repair screen press R to repair Win XP

If you Do Not see repair screen yo see Disk partition screen. You install win 7 (D:) drive (This requires win 7 drive (D:) format) or other non system drive.
    Setup is finished you open boot.ini file in C:\ (Right click computer click Properties click Advanced in the below see startup and recovery click settings

in the dialog click edit and type this:
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Recovered Windows XP Pro" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

edit timeout=30

SAVE and Close

restart your computer

in the boot select Recovered Windows XP Pro with arrow keys press enter

*********************** M E R T ****************************
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:11 PM