Fixing size of grid/chart on page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have constructed a briefing book page which has a chart and the grid. Is it possible to fix the size of the chart so that it always takes 75% and the chart 25%? When viewed through Web Standard?

Thanks!

Matt
    Monday, June 23, 2008 1:15 PM

Answers

• You bet Matt.  The way to change the colors on charts is to right-click the color you want to change while you are displaying it in the Professional client, then select Series Properties.  In the properties window there will be a color drop down where you can select from a pretty good variety of colors.  As far as changing the colors once the view has been published and opened in the thin client, I don't believe that it is possible to do that, at least through the user interface.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

While I'm not a programmer, I believe that it is possible to do what you propose.  See the ProClarity SDK here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90319a1c-73ce-4014-a8fb-684f5e034f7b&DisplayLang=en

I believe the file you'll be looking for is PChartFXCtrl.xml.  Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Bob

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:22 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your help. The SDK docs are very interesting.

I've downloaded the briefing book that contains the one page where I'd like the chart to be 75% of the height and the grid 25%. Looking at the xml code behind the page it does show the page split as I set it by dragging the bar in PCY Professional:

<Views Layout="SplitVert" Panel2Percent="25">
      <View Caption="Pie Chart" Description="ProClarity Corporation OLAP data-aware Chart control" ProgID="PChartCtrlNew.KChart.6" CommandIndex="0" Version="60100" StorageType="XML">
       <View ChartStyle="None" View3D="Yes" ViewType="Pie Chart">
        <Legend Font="Name=arial,Color=black,Size=8"/>
        <Title Font="Name=arial,Color=black,Size=10"/>
        <Footnote Font="Name=arial,Color=black,Size=8"/>

When I open the briefing book in ProClarity web professional, the split is correctly observed. But not if I open the page in Web Standard or deply it through Ms PerformancePoint.

Do you know if only PCY Pro observes the page split value?

Thanks

Matt
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:47 PM
  • I think you're on the right track Matt.  Try manipulating the heights and widths on the PChartFXCtrl.xml on the Analytics Server to see if the sizing has to be set at that level instead of the book/page level.  It should be located at $:\inetpub\wwwroot\PAS\en\src.

-Bob

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:54 PM
  •  

Bob,

Thanks. But it does seem that you can't change the grid sizes from what it says there. Oh well - worth a try ;->

On another issues, do you know if it is possible to change the colours on a chart, for example all months in 2008 are yellow and all months in 2008 are red?

Thanks again!

Matt

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:04 PM
  • You bet Matt.  The way to change the colors on charts is to right-click the color you want to change while you are displaying it in the Professional client, then select Series Properties.  In the properties window there will be a color drop down where you can select from a pretty good variety of colors.  As far as changing the colors once the view has been published and opened in the thin client, I don't believe that it is possible to do that, at least through the user interface.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:39 PM
  • Bob,

Thanks! I knew that I could change the colours of the series items, but it hadn't occured to me to add the year to the series (rows) so that I could do that (I previously had years and months on columns).

Matt
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:51 PM