New laptop frequently getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message and restarts RRS feed

• Question

• I Have a new HP envy laptop that is not even a month old, and maybe has under 40 hours of use on it so far.

Laptop being used to replace my old Windows XP Dell for work.

Just this week I have started using it mainly for work as I haven't had time until now to set it all up/install/migrate data -- which isn't fully done yet.

I am a remote web developer -- my frequent programs I am using constantly are:

Outlook 2013

excel/word

editpadpro

putty and pagent

MySQL workbench

Chrome & FireFox

WinSCP

Kaspersky as antivirus

*skype* will follow -- but during these crashes, has not been running

** I had a custom theme which I have since removed -- yet I still am having these BSOD crashes.

During installing of software and using it normally for work, I have been receiving the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORS randomly.  Even the last crash, all I had open was MySQL workbench & putty.

I have not yet called HP support or even if I should...

I am already getting really annoyed as being a new laptop & still new to Windows 8 ... becoming frustrated with both HP and Microsoft.  :(

I have included this dropbox folder of my Minidumps, MSinfo output, and my system config from speccy:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9t2szbg4831698q/9NS5Q3rIPv

Please, ANY help from debugging these files on my system and the crashes would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks - Best Regards!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:37 AM

Answers

• Stop 0x124 mostly is a hardware issue
    step you can do

From HW and OS side:

1. make sure there is no issue with hardware, try to stress test HW, since you have HP, please do hardware diagnostic tools
    2. disable if you have overclocking
    3. update all hardware and BIOS, you can find it at manufactured site
    4. reseat all the hardware, but since this PC still under warranty i suggest bring to service center

From Software side:

5. do clean boot to eliminate issue from 3rd party software, and do system restore if you have restore point (back to condition when this PC working fine), please also make sure all software installed compatible with your OS

back up your system before bring it to service center

good luck

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:14 AM

All replies

• Stop 0x124 mostly is a hardware issue
    step you can do

From HW and OS side:

1. make sure there is no issue with hardware, try to stress test HW, since you have HP, please do hardware diagnostic tools
    2. disable if you have overclocking
    3. update all hardware and BIOS, you can find it at manufactured site
    4. reseat all the hardware, but since this PC still under warranty i suggest bring to service center

From Software side:

5. do clean boot to eliminate issue from 3rd party software, and do system restore if you have restore point (back to condition when this PC working fine), please also make sure all software installed compatible with your OS

back up your system before bring it to service center

good luck

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:14 AM
  • There are no codes with the error...the only error codes the 'frowning face lexicon' BSOD screen says is:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:16 PM