none
Creation of account on an effective date in FIM RRS feed

• Question

• We have a FIM portal, where Hiring Manager can create new users and Administrator can approve. Our program makes a call to AD to create the user account. On certain accounts, we need them creation in AD on the effective date provided. Is there any way to have an account created later on the effective date?

Example: I am creating a user in FIM portal today and the effective date is on Mar-01-2013. So today admin approves the user creation, the account has to create in AD on Mar-01-2013.

It could be great help if someone replies me asap.

ravindraraju

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:10 AM

Answers

• I assume "Our program" is FIM

Create a set with filter: EffectiveDate prior to today

Then a workflow that adds AD SR (or whatever it does)

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:27 AM
  • Yes, you need a SET for User where EffectiveDate is Prior to Today Gaston is right there,

but he missed out the MPR part. which is important as it should be a transition MPR, Transition in, and give the name of this set where it asks for,

in the policy workflows, select the Workflow you use for provisioning users to the active directory.

Regards Furqan Asghar

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:10 PM

All replies

• I assume "Our program" is FIM

Create a set with filter: EffectiveDate prior to today

Then a workflow that adds AD SR (or whatever it does)

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:27 AM
  • Yes, you need a SET for User where EffectiveDate is Prior to Today Gaston is right there,

but he missed out the MPR part. which is important as it should be a transition MPR, Transition in, and give the name of this set where it asks for,

in the policy workflows, select the Workflow you use for provisioning users to the active directory.

Regards Furqan Asghar

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Thanks Gaston for quick response. Let me try and let you know.

ravindraraju

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Thank you Farqan Asghar.

ravindraraju

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:44 AM