none
Add Project to the timeline (in project center) is disabled for project manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Project Online, I am using project manager permission. The option 'Add project to Timeline' and 'Add project to Timeline' is disabled.

Kindly help me, which check-box(in project manager security templates) I have to select for enabling timeline feature.

Thanks

PSN

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi PSN,

Are you talking about adding project to the project center timeline? Or tasks to the schedule PDP timeline?

The project must be open in order to add task to the timeline for the schedule PDP. Thus your project manager should at least have the Open Project & Save Project permissions, which should be t he case if they belong to the default "project manager" security group. See reference here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-server-help/add-tasks-and-projects-to-the-timeline-HA102944554.aspx

If it is about adding proejct to the project timeline, there are no permissions associated, as soon as the PM can see the project in the project center. It could be an IE issue, thus you could try another machine.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for helping.

I checked in other browser, still timeline option is disabled. For admin login, it is enabled.

FYR snapshot is attached.

Thanks

• Edited by p_s_n Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:04 AM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:12 PM
  • I'll have a PS2013 instance to test the permissions by tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:47 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for giving your valuable time.

I tested the permissions one by one and got the solution. By enabling the 'Manage Project Web App Views' permission in global permission section of the user, I am able to use the 'Add project to the timeline' feature.

FYR snapshot is attached.

If, for PM log-in, timeline feature is disabled for you too, so please kindly test the same in your environment and let me know the result.

Thanks.

PSN

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, that's much appreciated.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:22 PM