ISO a SIP trunk provider for smaller install RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so I've been through many SIP trunk providers on MS's web site (and off) but simply cannot find one that will provide a smaller shop like mine a trunk line without insane minimal call requirements or through the roof pricng.  I'm currently running MS Lync 2010, direct SIP against a local provider in my building but they are having financial trouble and I don't feel comfortable staying with them...additionally they let me with a 3 week service outage 2 months ago (!).  I'm a service provider running Lync to understand it and support a client that runs it who is planning a ISDN/PRI > Direct SIP conversion later this year.

So...any providers out there that can reasonably and competently support a SIP trunk with 2 concurrent call volume and a single (610 AC) DID???

-trevor miller

Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:06 PM

All replies

•  

Trevor,

It would help to know where you are in the world? (610 AC?, Pennsylvania.?)

Generally speaking the certified providers are bigger and hence probably not so excited about a couple of concurrent calls.They are really interested in the pipes as well as providing the SIP trunk.

Would you consider a non-certified provider?

Tom

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog RSS
    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:35 AM
  • If you feel your internet connection is reliable enough, have a look at IntelePeer (who is certified for Lync).  They provide a SIP trunk to Lync over your existing internet connection.

Friday, April 29, 2011 1:22 PM
  • Contact Boradvox (www.broadvox.com). They will give you what you need free of charge for testing purposes (2 weeks or 1 month).

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    Friday, April 29, 2011 1:57 PM
  • Etherspeak is one I have been testing with, they have a free 7 day trial.  I would love to hear some more input from others that have worked with more providers. To give you an idea on pricing here is what I was given:

$99/Mo. - Includes 5,000 minutes of inbound/outbound usage. Thereafter, usage is billed at $.023/minute. Includes up to 50 simultaneous call paths.

http://www.ietherspeak.com/microsoft-sip/index.htm

Friday, April 29, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Drago, thank you! I had some contact with Broadvox years ago but had forgotten about them.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:26 AM