Outlook rule to archive mails more than 10000 mail items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Thanks in advance, I have a situation where I am supposed to move emails to Online archive and the condition is if the mail items are more than 10000 mail items. I am aware of retention policy, but, I am not allowed to use it as of now. Have to achieve this, some other way around.

Niranjan

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid there is no such rule in Outlook desktop client for this. Actually, retention policy is a great way for you but..

Or just as I said, archive your emails to local as PST files.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Niranjan,

Do you have more than 10,000 messages to move?

>> I am aware of retention policy, but, I am not allowed to use it as of now.

Then I am afraid that manually moving(drag and drop) to Archive mailbox is an option.

Besides, as a workaround, it is also suggested to use Outlook desktop client to archive your emails to local.

For your reference: Archive items manually.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:58 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thanks for the revert, isn't there any possibility of any kind of Outlook rule, instead of manually moving items?

Niranjan

Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:15 AM
  • Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid there is no such rule in Outlook desktop client for this. Actually, retention policy is a great way for you but..

Or just as I said, archive your emails to local as PST files.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Friday, March 20, 2020 8:32 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thanks for the reply, we changed the condition now to days, so reduced the complexity of the requirement :-)

But many thanks for the advise!!

Niranjan

Friday, March 20, 2020 6:33 PM
  • Hi Niranjan,

You're welcome:)

By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, March 23, 2020 1:17 AM