Tasksequence adding checkmarks to all applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Im having a problem with my task sequences.For some reason when i select 01 task then it will check all of the applications and not the specific ones that are in defined in the custom settings file. also the computer name stays as comp1 when i even try to select task sequence 02. Any suggestions? The reason why im not adding the applications inside the task sequence itself is because we have situational computers and the tech needs to select or deselect some apps if needed.

My settings file

[Settings] Priority=01,02,Default Properties=ComputerType,MyCustomProperty [01]

OSDComputerName=comp1 TimeZoneName=FLE Standard Time KeyboardLocale=en-us UserLocale=en-us UILanguage=en-US FinishAction=NONE Applications001=id1 Applications002=id2 Applications003=id3 Applications004=id4 Applications005=id5 [02]

OSDComputerName=think1 TimeZoneName=FLE Standard Time KeyboardLocale=en-us UserLocale=en-us UILanguage=en-US FinishAction=NONE Applications001=id6 Applications002=id7 Applications003=id8 Applications004=id9 Applications005=id10

Any help would be appreciated
    Friday, May 3, 2019 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Link

OSDComputername -> first writer wins

Toni

Friday, May 3, 2019 10:09 AM
  • I think what you're wanting is

[Settings]
    Priority=TaskSequenceID,Default

So that it'll process different rules based on which task sequence was run. It's not quite that simple though as rules are processed BEFORE a task sequence is chosen. See Settings per Task Sequence

Anything that is similar between the task sequences should just be in [Default]

Instead of trying to do the above, you could just add those changes to the task sequence itself. It'll be less complicated. If both task sequences share a certain number of applications, you can make an application bundle called "Base applications" where the apps are added. Then include that bundle in both task sequences.

Daniel Vega

Friday, May 3, 2019 2:09 PM