actions greyed out proclarity 6.1 web professional RRS feed

• Question

• hello at all,

we have one more problem after our migration to analysis services 2008 (also sql server 2008). in analysis services 2000 we've defined actions and we could open them via right click in a cell in proclarity 6.1 web professional. but with 2008 the actions are greyed out. is there any new setting we have to know or why we can't see our actions?

p.s.: i installed also proclarity desktop professional 6.3 evaluation and there the actions are also greyed out.

best regards and thanks in advance
    andreas kirsch
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hello Amanda,

Sorry for my first answer. It was a little bit too fast. It works with ProClarity 6.3 Desktop Professional (6.3.2216.168). I've read the KB956364 Article which files were patched. I have replaced all the files included in the Knowledge Base article listed. If I replace only PTMD5.dll (6.1.168.603) with the new version (6.3.2216.168), the actions work again. What should we do now? Wait for a new hotfix for v6.1? ;-)

Regards,
    Andreas
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:55 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hello Andreas,

Can you test the actions successfully within the BIDS browser?  And are you able to view a newly created 2008 action within ProClarity? 

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:27 PM
  • Hi Amanda,
    I am andreas colleague.

The current cube was new developed with BIDS, not migrated using the wizzard. We have the analysis services 2000 cube still available and there the actions are working and visible in ProClalrity.
    The action is a standardaction of typ URL, targettype cells. It works fine in BIDS cubebrowser.
                 <Action xsi:type="StandardAction">
                        <ID>Bla</ID>
                        <Name>Bla</Name>
                        <TargetType>Cells</TargetType>
                        <Type>Url</Type>
                        <Expression>"https://www.mydomain.de"</Expression>
                    </Action>
     We have also testet reporting and drill through actions and we have testet as olap admin or a user. Every time the same: it works in BIDS but the actions in ProClarity are greyed out.
    An interesting thing is, that actions of other targettypes, such as dimension, level or elements are working. But this is not what we need.

Thanks for your help

Pitti

Friday, May 1, 2009 9:35 AM
  • Thanks for the additional information, Pitti.  I created an action and set its target type to 'Cells' in BIDS 2008 and was able to utilize this action in ProClarity 6.3.  Is this something you can reproduce using Adventure Works data?  And are you up to date with all of the latest SQL Server and ProClarity service packs?

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 4, 2009 10:09 PM
  • It appears we addressed ProClarity 6.3 and SQL 2008 Actions in the 6.3.2216 hotfix:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/233d5600-371b-4dc1-a393-adfac49e9be7

I recommend installing the latest ProClarity patch and please keep us posted if you run into more problems.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Monday, May 4, 2009 10:36 PM
  • Hello Amanda,

thanks for your answer. The problem is in ProClarity 6.1 Web Professional and in ProClarity 6.3 Desktop Professional (6.3.2216.168). I think the problem exists because we run ProClarity Analytics Server 6.1 (6.1.156.600 Mon 11/25/2002  5:04p). What we can do now?

Regards,
    Andreas
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 11:22 AM
  • Hello Amanda,

Sorry for my first answer. It was a little bit too fast. It works with ProClarity 6.3 Desktop Professional (6.3.2216.168). I've read the KB956364 Article which files were patched. I have replaced all the files included in the Knowledge Base article listed. If I replace only PTMD5.dll (6.1.168.603) with the new version (6.3.2216.168), the actions work again. What should we do now? Wait for a new hotfix for v6.1? ;-)

Regards,
    Andreas
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:55 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for the clarification.  I am happy to know it is working for you.  Unfortunately, ProClarity will not release any fixes for 6.1.  If you desire this functionality you're going to have to upgrade.

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Hello Amanda,

thanks for all answers and tips. I have asked for the proclarity follower, but I get no more responses. here the link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/719a6af0-1e11-40f3-85eb-0b72528d22d9

If they could help I would be very happy about it.

Best Regards and thanks for the great help,
    Andreas
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:08 AM