outlook disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• hi all, i just dont understand why this would happen.

An outlook client using outlook 2003 connected to exchange 2003. Worked fine earlier in the week but it now says disconnected and he cannot get email!

the machine joined to the domain with no issues, access to all file share, password has not expired.

Why would this happen?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:54 AM

Answers

• There could be many reasons for that.  The first things I would look at would be the network and name resolution.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:23 PM

All replies

• There could be many reasons for that.  The first things I would look at would be the network and name resolution.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Just lik Ed said there could be various reasons. I would appreciated you provide the following information:

Any error message when the client failed to connect Exchange server?

Any event log recorded in Exchange server event log?

How does Outlook connect when the issue occurs? internally in LAN or externally via VPN or Outlook Anywhere?

Thanks.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:13 AM
  • Some other checks worth doing:-

- Is it just this user or does the same happen if you log on as another user and configure Outlook for them on the same computer?

- Can the user get his emails ok via OWA?

- Do the local event logs show any errors?

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:08 PM
  • Hi there,

Any update?

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:27 AM