Accelerated Reader 6.35 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone successfully packaged Accelerated Reader 6.35 with appv 4.6? I have been working on this application for a while. The application works fine when you first install during monitoring mode, as well as when you reopen the package. The app does not work after being converted to a package though. I get the following error:

Accelerated Reader Student has experienced a fatal error.

Please contact Renaissance Learning, Inc. Technical Support at support@renlearn.com to correct the problem.

Error #-1

Now unfortunately due to the software being out of date and the support contract has expired, the software vendor is not really willing to help troubleshoot the error. I have googled around a bit as well with not much luck. Any help would be much appreciated. If more information is needed just let me know and I can provide it.

Thanks,

Mike P.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:31 PM

Answers

• Have you tested with version 6.36c, which appears to be the latest version: http://support.renlearn.com/techkb/techkb/2393256e.asp. Have you tested with App-V 4.6 SP1 hotfix 3 or 4?

What clues does Process Monitor give you just before the crash? Have you tested on a clean OS?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:33 PM

All replies

• Have you tested with version 6.36c, which appears to be the latest version: http://support.renlearn.com/techkb/techkb/2393256e.asp. Have you tested with App-V 4.6 SP1 hotfix 3 or 4?

What clues does Process Monitor give you just before the crash? Have you tested on a clean OS?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Aaron,

I have not tried the 6.36c, I will have to look into that. As far as I know App-V is up to date but I will take a look. As far as Process Monitor I am not honestly sure what I am looking for. Do you know of any way to upload the log or export what I see to post here?

Thanks,

Mike P.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:48 PM
  • With Proc Mon, check for ACCESS DENIED or FILE NOT FOUND (or other not found) events

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:27 AM
  • There are a lot of the access denied and file not found errors. Even when i load the application locally and run it though I see just as many.
    Mike P.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:13 PM