none
Error after apply hotfix KB2817538 on SharePoint Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

After apply the hotfix KB2817538 on a SharePoint Project Farm 2010 patched until CU June 2012 (I had 14.0.6122.500 version on Project Tables before KB2817538 and after it, I have 14.0.7102.500 version) I have a problem if I try to approve a timesheet. A popup windows shows this error: "Assertion Failed: The grid cannot be focused because it is hidden. Possible scenario: if the grid was editable, it might have been in edit: call grid.NotifyHide() or hide the grid using the fnContinue of grid.FinalizeEditing(fnContinue, fnError)". The timesheet approval fails.

I've applied this hotfix trying to solve this error: When you use Project Server Interface (PSI) to update a project that contains multiple cost rate table entries in Project Server 2010, resource costs are calculated incorrectly.

Any solution without to uninstall the hotfix? If I have to uninstall the hotfix, is it possible to do it?

Thank in advance

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately  CU's and Hotfixes can not be uninstalled, Microsoft strongly recommends to install CU's and hotfixes in non production environment like dev or test and have through testing before implementing in production environment

Also before patching make sure you have farm backup and database backup to support the recovery.

In this scenario, you need to rebuild the farm using farm backup taken prior to installing the hotfix.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:03 PM