Farm Admin account not coming up in peoplepicker - SharePoint Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I login as the Farm Admin. 

• When I try to add this same account "Farm Admin" as a Site Collection Admin (using Site Actions --> Site Settings > Permissions > Site Collection Administrators)  I get "No exact match was found." 
    • Using SharePoint Central Admin to add the Farm Admin account as a Site Admin I get the same error message "No exact match was found." 
    • Using the STSADM command siteowner, STSADM reports "The specified user hughes\sharepointadmin could not be found."

There are other accounts that I am unable to add to this particular Site Collection.  I have at least 30+ Site Collections, this is the only one coming up with this problem.

What do you advise?

Thanks,

Jamie Kent

Jamie

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Jamie,

I understand that you cannot select the farm admin when change the site collection administrators. What authentication type are you using?  

If you are using Windows authentication, you need to first check whether the hughes\sharepointadmin user is disabled or deleted in AD. Then check the people picker property settings for the site collection. Using this command: stsadm -o getsiteuseraccountdirectorypath -url siteURL. This will retrieve the user account directory path setting for the site collection. The user account directory path is the distinguished name of the organizational unit (OU) for the users that are allowed to be added in the site collection.

If the site collection is set to retrieve user from a specific OU instead of the entire AD, you need to change use stsadm command to change the settings: stsadm -o setsiteuseraccountdirectorypath -path "CN=Sales,DC=ContosoCorp,DC=local" –url http://server_name

For more information, please refer to these sites:

Index for Stsadm operations and properties (Office SharePoint Server): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263384(v=office.12).aspx (search ‘peoplepicker’ on this page, you will get all the commands about people picker settings).

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:11 AM