none
Timesheet data for a user missing in databases although timesheets are filled & approved & visible in PWA? RRS feed

• Question

• Project server 2007, sp1

1 user's timeshhet data for 4 timesheets is missing in the databases (Published & Reporting). I've checked the usual tables (msp_timesheetactuals, etc)

Where can I find the data .i.e. where do the timesheets in PWA get the data from?

And any ideas how to fix the problem? Other than recreating the timesheets?

thanks

Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:17 AM

Answers

• Have you checked the Queue? Did the Timesheet Save and the Reporting job complete succesfully?

The Timesheet actuals are indeed saved in the msp_timesheetactuals table in the reporting database (working with the published database is not supported!).

On the other hand, I see you are on SP1. There have been some issues with the timesheets, that could cause the reporting database to be out of sync. So I advice you to update your installation (both clients and server) to the latest service pack SP2 and cumulative update (CU august).

As a test, you can try to recall and delete the timesheet, and recreate it and see if it makes a difference.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi msp admin,

you can try to refresh database by editing your timesheet, save and re-submit it.
    Can't you see data im MSP_Timesheets in published DB? It is possible, that you can't find in RDB caused by an issue resolved recently.

Moreover I can strongly recommend to upgrade your system. In the current CU (August 2010) there are some changes regarding timesheets, which can help to avoid issues in future.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:38 AM
  • Have you checked the Queue? Did the Timesheet Save and the Reporting job complete succesfully?

The Timesheet actuals are indeed saved in the msp_timesheetactuals table in the reporting database (working with the published database is not supported!).

On the other hand, I see you are on SP1. There have been some issues with the timesheets, that could cause the reporting database to be out of sync. So I advice you to update your installation (both clients and server) to the latest service pack SP2 and cumulative update (CU august).

As a test, you can try to recall and delete the timesheet, and recreate it and see if it makes a difference.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:42 AM