Office 2016 applications colors RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a lot of requests/complaints about the "pastel" colors used in Office 2016 - particularly in Outlook 2016.  People spend a lot of time looking at Outlook while they work and develop routines and habits.  Changing the colors to a set that seems to be roundly disliked was probably unwise.

I suggest MS find a way to allow users to customize the colors in the applications or, at least, the color set within each "theme."

Thank you.

Friday, August 30, 2019 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Jakabcin,

Normally, we can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Theme.

To change the background color and design of all your Office programs, go to File > Options > General > Office Theme.

If you want to customize themes, I’d like to recommend you visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to post your ideas.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook. What’s more, if an idea is highly voted there by other customers, Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, September 2, 2019 2:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:17 AM
    Monday, September 2, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi Jakabcin,

If you have more concern on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:17 AM