Weird effect in SCE Software Distribution RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I'm new to SCE and managed to deploy "Office 2010" as a software package on a few clients.

For this I created a new computer group and added four clients into it. Then i approved the software package for this specific group and the software has been installed on the four PC's. Everything worked fine so far until today. One user called and reported that Office 2010 has been installed on his client - BUT - this client hasn't been in the specific group! So I checked the SCE and looked into the group: ok, this client wasn't listed there. Then I checked the package distribution status under "Software" and what did I see? Instead of one of the clients, that should be listed out of my group, another one was shown!

So, I checked everything for another time and when I looked at the package distribution status again, all the clients, which are in our group, were listed correctly! I changed absolutely NOTHING. 20 minutes later, the wrong client was shown again - and once again, I changed absolutely nothing!

I hope, you can help me explain, why this happens and how to avoid that clients get pushed with software, where it's not intended.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Tom

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

All replies