How to add a My Tasks/Issues web part? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint site with a Project Tasks web part and a Issues web part.... now I'm trying to add a My Issues web part and/or an My Tasks web part, though I don't see them as an option. Am I missing something? I see a User Tasks web part (which I added), however it is not linked to either of the previous ones.

Thank you!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 3, 2011 5:58 AM unnecessary phrasing involving equally nnecessary ... removed from Title. Single questions please.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 3, 2011 5:59 AM not customization and no mention of spd (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Do you mean that the Project Task and Issue are lists on  your site ? You can add a ‘content query web part’ to display the project task or the Issue .Then detailed steps are like following:

1.       Open the change on which you want to show the  web part  .

2.       Click Site Setting >Edit Page>Add a web part >Content Query web part>Edit >Modify shared web part.

3.       Set the Query to show items in the list ‘Project task’ .And change the title under Appearance to Project task .

4.       Then Exit edit mode .

Here is another way to achieve this using SharePoint Designer (SPD).

1.       Open the site in SPD and open the .aspx page where you want to display the lists .

2.       Choose Data View >Add a data view .

3.       Then click on the drop down arrow beside Project Task in the Data source details field and choose ‘show data’ .

4.       Press and hold down CTRL while choosing  all the columns you want to display in the data view .

5.       Drag the columns into the Data View on the page .

6.       Right click the data view and choose ‘Show common Control Tasks’ .You can change the layout of the data view to full fill your requirement .

If  there is anything unclear, please feel free to ask .

Thanks,

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, June 3, 2011 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Do you mean that the Project Task and Issue are lists on  your site ? You can add a ‘content query web part’ to display the project task or the Issue .Then detailed steps are like following:

1.       Open the change on which you want to show the  web part  .

2.       Click Site Setting >Edit Page>Add a web part >Content Query web part>Edit >Modify shared web part.

3.       Set the Query to show items in the list ‘Project task’ .And change the title under Appearance to Project task .

4.       Then Exit edit mode .

Here is another way to achieve this using SharePoint Designer (SPD).

1.       Open the site in SPD and open the .aspx page where you want to display the lists .

2.       Choose Data View >Add a data view .

3.       Then click on the drop down arrow beside Project Task in the Data source details field and choose ‘show data’ .

4.       Press and hold down CTRL while choosing  all the columns you want to display in the data view .

5.       Drag the columns into the Data View on the page .

6.       Right click the data view and choose ‘Show common Control Tasks’ .You can change the layout of the data view to full fill your requirement .

If  there is anything unclear, please feel free to ask .

Thanks,

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, June 3, 2011 10:45 AM
  • Thanks Rock!

1 - I'm assuming your meaning Site Action vs. Site Settings. So I went and added Content Query web part, but nothing happened. So then I selected the User Tasks web part and I didn't see an option to set the query to Project Task.

2 - I'm currently experiencing permissions issues with SPD2007, which I don't think will be resolved or so those who are in power have lead me to believe.

I'm still trying to get a good grasp of SharePoint and all that it entails (WSS, MOSS, SPD, etc....) so forgive me if I get some terms confused or mixed up. 

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:53 PM
  • Our company just migrated to SP 2010, and I came across the same issue.  When I click on "Add a Web Part", it brings up the section for you to select a web part.  I click on the category of "Lists and Libraries", and it shows me the lists and libraries in my site in these columns.  There is an arrow at the bottom to continue to scroll to to the right to see all the lists/libraries.  The first 3 columns are full with a record of a list or library in my site.  And they are alphabetical.  Then I get to the 4th column, and there is only one record.  So I assummed that was all the list and libraries.  But if you keep clicking on the right arrow, it will scroll through more columns, some with only 1 list in them.  Eventually I found the task list that I was looking for.  Not sure why it does it this way, but it's really confusing.

• Edited by MurphyBP2 Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:12 PM Image in wrong spot
    • Proposed as answer by MurphyBP2 Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:12 PM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:12 PM