I developed solution for 9C59 error on installation of IE10 and IE11 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I got around the 9C59 error on Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11 installation problem that many have had since the release of Internet Explorer 10 including myself.

When I had tried to do the command line uninstall of IE9 as well as the normal uninstallation I was getting errors that it couldn't uninstall the updates for IE9 because of a corrupted store.

Doing the normal shut down Windows Update/renaming/deleting of the Download folder contents of the Software Distribution folder to get rid of corruption did not resolve the problem.

That is when I first attempted to start uninstalling the IE9 updates individually and it worked, I now have IE11 installed.

This solution works for me <big smile>

-- Lee Maiden

I uninstalled all of these updates that were for IE9
    from Control Panel/ Programs and Features/ View Installed Updates

Each one requires a restart.

KB2879017

KB2870699

KB2862772

KB2846071

KB2838727

KB2809289

KB2792100

KB2761465

KB2761451

KB2744842

KB2722913

KB2719177

KB2699988

KB2675157

KB2647516

KB2618444

KB2586448

KB2559049

KB2530548

KB9822861 Says it can't find this one, but that's what it said it was in the 'About Internet Explorer'

Tried to uninstall IE9 and it wouldn't let me again.

Checked for updates, installed all updates checked, restarted.

Checked for updates, IE11 installed fine this time.

I had been having the 9C59 error since IE10 was released.

I had tried every option I could find to resolve the problem and none of them worked.

<my solution works, smile>
    Monday, November 18, 2013 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To fix this update issue, please attempt to run System Update Readiness Tool. If this issue still persists, I recommend you to upload log files. The log file is in located here:

1. %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
    2. %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Link for how to use System Update Readiness Tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

To know what really have in %windir%\servicing\Packages, I suggest you run the following command with an elevated privilege, and let me know the result.

Cd /d %windir%\servicing\Packages

Dir /b Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer*.mum

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:24 PM
  • How funny, looks like you didn't see that I solved a problem.
    I don't need help, I was offering a solution Andy.
    As I wrote, I had used every single option offered and none of them worked.
    My solution works.
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Quote: That is when I first attempted to start uninstalling the IE9 updates individually and it worked, I now have IE11 installed.

Sorry for my mistake! Thanks for your answer!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by 暁北 Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:29 PM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:27 PM
  • I hope it works for others that have this same problem, I don't have time to replicate and identify which update(s) cause the problem,  but now that it has been identified, should be cause for a task that looks at each of those updates to which caused the conflict/corruption.
    Have a good day Andy :) 
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:07 AM
  • I am having all the same problems and trolling around all the threads and finally came upon this one, which I am about to try.  THIS QUESTION IS DIRECTED TO MICROSOFT: WHY HAVEN'T YOU RESOLVED THIS IN THE INSTALLATION SOFTWARE FOR IE11, SINCE NOW A CUSTOMER HAS FINGURED OUT THE PROBLEM FOR YOU BACK IN NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR!!!

I've wasted 3 days of my life working on this, trying to install IE11 so I can get other updates to Windows from Windows Update.  I can't install IE11, I can't uninstall IE10, and in the meantime, the computer keeps asking me to restart and nothing ever changes.

I'll try the solution posted and let you know if this is a repeatable solution.

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:29 PM
  • I've wasted 3 days of my life working on this, trying to install IE11 so I can get other updates to Windows from Windows Update.

Sounds like you are aware that your OS is not updating at the IE10 level?  Then instead of trying to install IE11 a better tack would be finding out why updates have stopped working.  Using ProcMon is helpful for doing that. 

Also, did you try the CheckSUR method?  Then be aware that it is not just a repair tool but also a diagnostic, as the associated KB article explains.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 11, 2014 6:00 PM
    Answerer