none
Error received while searching tcp/localhost:13050. Error: [3] All partitions are down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are running FAST Search for Sharepoint 2010 in our environment. After updating the Dec 2011 CU for FAST, the environment was still working fine. However after I restarted the FAST server, I'm seeing the following Warning messages in the event log for Fast Search:

Error received while searching tcp/localhost:13050. Error: [3] All partitions are down

Not sure if the error is due to the Dec CU, but is it possible the update reset some configuration? Also, from the application side, I receive the following error message:

Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Search.QueryService.QueryEx(String queryXml)

How can I go about troubleshooting/fixing this problem? Any ideas?

• Edited by DesiHero-007 Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:07 AM
    • Moved by Rob Va - MSFT Friday, April 13, 2012 2:21 PM (From:FAST Search for Internet Sites, FAST Search for Internal Applications and FAST ESP)
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:04 AM

All replies

• Just an update, with time the Search service began responding to request. There were no changes performed other than restarting the boxes a multiple times.

That said, I'm still not sure if the Dec CU or any of my actions kicked off an activity on the index, which inturn caused the above issue (Error received while searching tcp/localhost:13050. Error: [3] All partitions are down). I have no way to find out or confirm, while I would still like to understand the cause of the issue. Any one?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:23 AM
  • You're asking this question in the wrong forum - you should be using the forum dedicated to Fast for Sharepoint. There may be people in this forum who could answer your questions, but you should have better chance of getting a reply in the correct forum.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:01 AM