Installation during sequencing stuck at regasm. Local Install works fine. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am trying to sequence an application which registers some dlls using regasm. This application installs fine locally on the sequencer machine. But when I try to sequence it and run the installer it freezes/does not proceed beyond the regasm bit. Not sure how to proceed with this one. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Happy to provide more info.

Regards,

Vithal 

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:21 AM

Answers

• Found a solution Vith.

Make sure you create a Addin package. Choose Excel as the Main process.

When the appv Sequence hangs on regasm. Open up process explorer (wininternals). Find the subprocess of the CrmsClientInstaller_2010.12.2.exe should be N<randomlettersnumbers>.tmp.

Kill this process 5 times and regasm fails (5 x limit).

The installer will report it has successfully installed ( but it hasnt obviously.)

Click <run> to run another process. Browse to Q:\<calibre install directory> and run ReRegisterAA.bat.

Wait for this to finish and then complete capture.

Start excel.

Do your usual cleanup. (may have to remove any resiliency stuff out of HKLM\WOW64..\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addin\Resiliency...)

Done!

Works.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:06 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried using a different sequencer version?
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:05 AM
  • I am using 4.6 SP1. No, I haven't tried using older versions. Will give that a go.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:09 AM
  • Hello,

Did it work?
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Did you find a solution to this?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:34 AM
  • Found a solution Vith.

Make sure you create a Addin package. Choose Excel as the Main process.

When the appv Sequence hangs on regasm. Open up process explorer (wininternals). Find the subprocess of the CrmsClientInstaller_2010.12.2.exe should be N<randomlettersnumbers>.tmp.

Kill this process 5 times and regasm fails (5 x limit).

The installer will report it has successfully installed ( but it hasnt obviously.)

Click <run> to run another process. Browse to Q:\<calibre install directory> and run ReRegisterAA.bat.

Wait for this to finish and then complete capture.

Start excel.

Do your usual cleanup. (may have to remove any resiliency stuff out of HKLM\WOW64..\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addin\Resiliency...)

Done!

Works.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:06 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:53 AM