Windows Live Mail 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Professional (x64).  I installed Windows Live Essentials about a week ago and I am compelled to say that I am really disappointed in Windows Live Mail.  I particularly miss the ability to configure my toolbar with the options that I use and to remove those I don't.  Related to this is the fact that every time I add an icon to the top menu bar to Mark All it disappears when I restart the mail program. 

As a consequence I uninstalled Windows Live Mail 2011 (only) thinking that it would revert to the previous version of Windows Live Mail.  Instead it removed Windows Live Mail entirely and I was forced to perform a restore to get the previous version of Windows Live Mail back.

Did I miss something along the way that made my installation different from the way that it was intended?  I am willing to reinstall and try again if I receive any good suggestions.

Friday, November 5, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You did not miss anything. The previous version is replaced by the new version and there is no option to downgrade. Uninstall it will remove the entire Windows Live Mail. 

I understand that it is an inconvenience for you. We will report this as a customer feedback to proper department.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:28 AM