none
Sync all my organization contacts to my Email Account to access it from Phone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have hybrid infra(On-premises AD & Office 365 ) exchange Email accounts. We will be updating the Phone numbers in the on-premises AD which will be synced with Office365 email accounts automatically. Am using windows phone and android phone. I have added my exchange account in the phone and few contact are displaying in my phone book contacts. I guess those contacts were coming from skype for business added to my contact list by me. Even few of them not showing phone number but only the email ID.

Note: I have enabled sync contact option in the phone

Now my question is, I want all my organization employee's contacts (Of course Email account with phone contact) should be synced or added with my email account to get it accessed from my phone. This is to avoid creating mobile contact manually for each employee.

If you add contacts in your outlook or skype for business, it will be added into your phone book

I found this link to add individual contact, but my concern is adding bulk/all contact in single shot.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-a-contact-e1dc4548-3bd6-4644-aecd-47b5728f7b0d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Or all my GAL contacts should be added into my contact list, which can help me as well.

Sathishkumar M

Friday, October 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to add contacts in the Exchange Global Address List to Outlook’s Contacts, open the Address Book (Ctrl+Shift+B) and select the GAL contacts (using either Shift+ or Ctrl+ to select multiple entries at once) then right-click or open the File menu, and choose Add to Contacts to create copies of the GAL contacts in Outlook’s Contacts folder.

Anyway, depending on the number of your GAL entries, it may have a bit impact to the performance.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:14 AM