none
DPM 2012 SP1 - Single Data Source Written to Multiple Tape Drives RRS feed

• Question

• Just a question, really...

I know that DPM can write to multiple drives for a single protection group with more than one data source.

However, is it possible for DPM 2012 SP1 (or R2) to write to multiple drives from a single data source from a single protection group?

So if I have "DataSource A" in "MyProtectionGroup" and I allocate 2 tape drives to the PG, could DPM use both drives to backup the PG?

I assume the answer is "no," but I just wanted to double check.  Thanks.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What you are wanting is a feature called striping and DPM does not have that advanced feature.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What you are wanting is a feature called striping and DPM does not have that advanced feature.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:46 AM
  • Thanks Mike.  That's what I thought.

Do you know if this feature will be added to future DPM products?

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:23 PM