Classic Logon RRS feed

• Question

• How can i get the classic login(the one where you need to give your name & password instead of the one with all the available accounts).
    Monday, August 17, 2009 12:21 PM

Answers

• How can i get the classic login(the one where you need to give your name & password instead of the one with all the available accounts).

Hi

You can do this in Group Policy.

Go to Start and type   gpedit.msc   and in the results click the GPEdit.MSC utility to open the group policy editor.

Navigate to Local Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options.

In the right-hand pane look for the following policy.

Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.
    Double click this policy and select Enabled.

*This will cause the box to display that will require you to enter the user name and password.*

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:24 AM

All replies

• I think? you could by: enter "Run" string->Control userpasswords2

I disable Guest, though if you have various users defined, they have to show up. You could get rid of them here otherwise. I call for Cntrl-Alt-Del which I read was to disable robotic attempts. May be pointless if remote desktop is disabled?

Don't need name if only one user.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 4:55 PM

Hi

You can do this in Group Policy.

Go to Start and type   gpedit.msc   and in the results click the GPEdit.MSC utility to open the group policy editor.

Navigate to Local Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options.

In the right-hand pane look for the following policy.

Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.
    Double click this policy and select Enabled.

*This will cause the box to display that will require you to enter the user name and password.*

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:24 AM