R2 Issue Installing .NET Framework 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Installed 3 R2 64x Betas under Windows Server 2008 64x Hyper-V.  Beta installs include 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 .NET Frameworks, but not 3.0/3.5.  Have read that 2008 Core has 3.0/3.5, but no indication of that.  SQLServer 2008 Express 64x and other apps require 3.5.  When I attempt to install it, I get an error saying "You must use the Role Management Tool to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1."  (IIS is already installed and functioning.)  Can't install "Geneva" without this.  Any ideas?
    Monday, February 2, 2009 11:24 PM

Answers

• It's the released build OS.

I just found the .NET Framework 3.5.1 in the Control Panel / Programs under Features and I am installing it now.    I should be good to go.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:16 PM

All replies

• hi there,

can you tell me which version of windows 2008 OS are you running , is it a checked build or released build OS ?

sainath Windows Driver Development
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:03 PM
  • It's the released build OS.

I just found the .NET Framework 3.5.1 in the Control Panel / Programs under Features and I am installing it now.    I should be good to go.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:16 PM
  • great!

just let us know if you have stuck at any point of installation or error

best of luck
    sainath Windows Driver Development
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:17 PM
  • I'm having the same problem, but I cannot figure out how to get to the control panel from the command line. My issue is that I cannot connect to the HyperV Server using SCVMM from a Vista Ultimate desktop. I can Remote Desktop into the HyperV Server and I can connect from the HyperV MMC, but I am trying to connect using the SCVMM so that I can convert some physical servers to VM's. I'm getting very frustrated with HyperV Server. None of the documentation online seems to work with my install. For example, trying to figure out to get back to the server config screen after exiting to a command line was difficult to figure out. Most websites said to type in hvconfig.cmd, however, that didn't work for me. I finally found that if I type sconfig.cmd, I was able to get in. VMWare was 10 times easier to setup and using VM Converter was a snap to convert a physical machine to a virtual one. I preferred to stay with HyperV since we primarily use MS products. I'm about to switch back though after trying to configure this for 2 days now.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:37 PM