Sharepoint 2007 - Complete folder with all the documents went missing over the weekend RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We have sharepoint 2007.  A complete folder is missing from the Sharepoint.  I do a search and I get the links but when I click on them I get "Page Not found". We search the Recycle Bin but the folder is not there.

We would appreciate any guidance on this one.

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I take it you are a Site Collection Administrator of the Sharepoint environment?

If so you can check the Site Collection Recycle bin and not just the recycle of the site (This just shows what you have deleted for the site) .

In order to do this click on Site Actions, Site Settings, Modify all Site Settings.

Under the Site Collection Administration heading you will see Recycle Bin, If you check in here this tells you every file that has been deleted in the past 30 days (I think or may be configurable), and since you know the day it was deleted you should be able to find the folder and all assosciated files and it should also tell you who deleted the files in question so you can wrap some knuckles.

Let me know if thi ssorts out your problem.

Thanks

Friday, January 4, 2013 11:58 AM