size of sheduled conference RRS feed

• Question

• Help me understand next, please.

What folder is set size of parameter MaxContentStorageMb (in Get-CsConferencingConfiguration):

….\1-WebServices-29\DataConf\{7FF7492A -8F89-45E9-8C9C-66B7152454C9}

or

…\1-WebServices-29\CollabMetadata\{7FF7492A -8F89-45E9-8C9C-66B7152454C9} ?

I read pptx-files are stores in CollabMetadata folder, but I see all pptx-files are stores in DataConf folder. And size of one scheduled conference more than MaxContentStorageMb. That scheduled conference is held every week and it has several folder every time (….\1-WebServices-29\DataConf\{7FF7492A -8F89-45E9-8C9C-66B7152454C9}\GDMRPVCD_ad…….. see in picture).

When we delete pptx-files from scheduled conference GDMRPVCD, those pptx-files are not deleted from DataConf folders.

How I can correctly clean scheduled conference folders in DataConf folder? Should I do that? Do affect size of scheduled conference GDMRPVCD folder in DataConf folder to possibility to upload pptx-files to conference?

Friday, December 14, 2018 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi mriyato,

According to the official document, the web conferencing service then stores content such as PowerPoint slides, whiteboards, polls, and attachments in the CollabContent and CollabMetadata folders, located in the WebServices folder, MaxContentStorageMb is used to set the maximum amount of file space allowed for the storage of content during a single meeting. Details about this you could refer to Web conferencing requirements in Lync Server 2013

Based on my research, the DataConf folder is new in Lync 2013 and stores conferencing data like whiteboarding information. You could refer to the following blog to find the details: Breaking Down the Lync File Share. 

It is not recommended to delete the files or the folders in the FileShare folder directly, if you need to delete the meeting content, you could run cmdlet Set-CsConferencingConfiguration with parameter ContentGracePeriod to set how long conference content will remain on the server following the end of the conference.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:48 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2018 2:22 AM
  • Hi mriyato,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:39 AM
  • Hi, Evan. Thank you for you answer. I’m sorry for my late answer. I wanted to check some actions.

As I wrote early, we deleted ppt-files from the last meeting GDMRPVCD using SfB client. Last GDMRPVCD folder now has little size. But we still have many old pptx-files in every GDMRPVCD folder (…. \ 1-WebServices-29 \ DataConf \ {7FF7492A -8F89-45E9-8C9C-66B7152454C9} \ GDMRPVCD_ ……). All GDMRPVCD folders of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD together has size more than MaxContentStorageMb (more than 500 Mb).

Our parameter ContentGracePeriod is default (15 days (15.00:00:00)). But this parameter not related to scheduled conference which can last a year. You can see the folders of this scheduled conference for the month in the picture.

You wrote “MaxContentStorageMb is used to set the maximum amount of file space allowed for the storage of content during a single meeting”. If MaxContentStorageMb is max size of every single GDMRPVCD folder (of every single meeting of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD) we should not have problem with upload ppt-files next meeting of this scheduled conference. But if MaxContentStorageMb is max size of all GDMRPVCD folders (of all single meetings of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD) we will have problem. Unfortunately this week the scheduled conference GDMRPVCD was canceled. I can check the problem next Monday. I will answer about result surely next week.

• Edited by mriyato Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hi mriyato,

I checked this in my environment, the PPT files also stored in the DataConf file. In my understanding, MaxContentStorageMb should set as a single meeting, in your environment, it should for each GDMRPVCD folder. Anyway, if there’s any update about this, please let us know.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, December 21, 2018 7:32 AM
  • Hi mriyato,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Hi, Evan. Today I have watched that scheduled conference. Unfortunately I could not check what I was going to check:

«If MaxContentStorageMb is max size of every single GDMRPVCD folder (of every single meeting of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD) we should not have problem with upload ppt-files next meeting of this scheduled conference. But if MaxContentStorageMb is max size of all GDMRPVCD folders (of all single meetings of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD) we will have problem».

Becаuse today before scheduled conference аll GDMRPVCD folders of the scheduled conference GDMRPVCD in DataConf together has size less than MaxContentStorageMb (less than 250 Mb).

Therefore we have not had problem with upload ppt-files today.

I think ppt-files which we removed from last scheduled conference was deleted from previous scheduled conferences folders in several days (maybe some kind of synchronization has passed). But folder of first (earliest) preview scheduled conference still has big size (more than 100Mb). That is ppt-files which we removed from last scheduled conference was not deleted from first (earliest) previous scheduled conference or it had different ppt-files. Other GDMRPVCD folders of previous scheduled conferences also have some ppt-files. I think those ppt-files were not in last scheduled conference. Therefore they were not deleted.

Also I think our single scheduled conference could not has size more than MaxContentStorageMb (more than 500 Mb). Therefore I think MaxContentStorageMb is max size of all GDMRPVCD folders (of all single meetings of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD together).

I do not know how quickly I can check that. Because I do not understand how long lives every single conference in one scheduled conference (we cleaned  it after a week).

After how much time ppt-files which we removed from last scheduled conference will be deleted from previous scheduled conferences folders?

Why some ppt-files which we removed from last scheduled conference was not deleted from previous scheduled conferences folders, but not all? Those previous scheduled conferences could consist of different ppt-files. Then the question arises how we can clean previous single conferences in one scheduled conference to decrease size of whole scheduled conference?

These are a lot of difficult questions. Evan, thank you for you help. If you will find answer for some of them I will be grateful. I will try to check my think “I think MaxContentStorageMb is max size of all GDMRPVCD folders (of all single meetings of one scheduled conference GDMRPVCD)” and others. But it will take me several weeks.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:59 PM
  • I am sorry, forgot one important detail.

It turned out that the SfB client version which is installed on the conference organizer's PC lower than the recommended one by Microsoft for uploading of ppt-files (SfB client version is lower than 16.0.4393.1002). We updated that SfB client.

Therefor, maybe you are right: “In my understanding, MaxContentStorageMb should set as a single meeting, in your environment, it should for each GDMRPVCD folder”.

Beacause I can't say for sure what helped: cleaning last scheduled conference or updating SfB client.

But last year we had the same problem and solved it by cleaning last scheduled conference.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 3:15 PM
  • Hi mriyato,

Thanks for your sharing about this. Based on my test, the PPT files which are removed from last scheduled conference will not show in the conferences folders. Could you please also try to check whether someone also upload PPT files into the conferences? As the meeting will also exist when all users exit the meeting.

In addition, as you have tested that when you use the SFB client with the higher version will not have this issue, please try to let all users use the latest version of SFB client and then check this issue whether be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, December 31, 2018 1:40 AM
  • Hi mriyato,

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:49 AM