Problems with template in Word RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with a Word template. The first page is going to be different designed from the other pages. The first page has a header and the other pages has a footer, both with different design. The problem is when I mark my place holder text and pasting in a new or start writing text, the header on the first page disapears. It only works when I take line by line and typing or pasting in my text. The template is correct created. Why is this happening? Is there any solution?

I´m running on Mac but the customer, who runs Word on PC, has the same problem.

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate a solution for this.

Regards,

Linda Maltanski

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:58 PM

All replies

• What kind of placeholder are you using? A content control? Something else?

If you are inadvertently adding, or deleting, a section break, header and footer content may be affected. However, more information is needed about the setup of your document...

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:20 PM
  • I would want to have display of section marks turned on and be operating in the draft view to attempt to diagnose something like this. It sounds like an errant section break. Another possibility would be the first-page design being an image that is anchored in your placeholder text.

I am assuming that you have the document set to have different first-page headers/footers.

What happens if you select (mark?) your placeholder text and press delete?

If that is OK, what happens if you then type the following and press Enter:

=lorem(25,6)

(The above inserts pseudo-random text.)

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:56 PM
  • Hi!

I have uploaded the file on my webserver, is it possible for you to check the file?

http://www.lindaofsweden.se/Volontar_1-spalt.dot

Regards,
    Linda Maltanski

Monday, May 26, 2014 11:21 AM
  • It seems to be related to the Mac version. When I create the same template on a PC it works. But it would be great if I could retrieve a solution for Mac, what am I doing wrong?

/Linda

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:06 PM
  • What are you doing, exactly? Which kind of content are you pasting in? Please elaborate.

Note that I always use WinWord, so I can't assist with anything Mac-specific. You may have to ask in the MacWord forum at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macword?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=Threads.

Monday, May 26, 2014 2:08 PM
  • I´m pasting regular text! But I don´t need any help anymore, I´ll obtain a PC instead when I´m going to create these kind of templates.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:13 AM
  • OK, thanks for the follow-up.

I have to admit I'm stil curious to learn about the underlying issue. Have you asked in the MacWord forum?

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:41 PM