none
TMG - 502 Proxy Error. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions (10013) RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

Can someone please help? We recently deployed MS ForeFront TMG 2010 and installed SP2. This is running on a windows 2008 R2 standard. We are testing the web filtering feature.

A user is trying to reach a site but getting the 502 Proxy error. I had initally created a rule to allow http/https from internal to the site for all users and also tried changing it to all outbound traffic but still getting the error.

Other sites are working VIA the TMG. the site in question is www.stcw.ru  if anyone would like to test.

I did a quick google search but couldn't find much to help.

Monday, March 5, 2012 7:48 PM

Answers

• Nick Gu,

Thanks for your reply but I was able to find the problem. We had Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed on our TMG (not sure why) and this was blocking the site. I guess what confused me was that we were getting the TMG error message so never thought about checking anything else. I've thus uninstalled Malwarebytes and we're good.
    Just a FYI if anyone else runs into this issue.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:14 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“Other sites are working VIA the TMG. the site in question is www.stcw.ru  if anyone would like to test.” – I have tested on my TMG server, create access rule from internal to URL set(www.stcw.ru), and it worked. You may access this site on TMG local host and see if there is any error message.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Nick Gu,

Thanks for your reply but I was able to find the problem. We had Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed on our TMG (not sure why) and this was blocking the site. I guess what confused me was that we were getting the TMG error message so never thought about checking anything else. I've thus uninstalled Malwarebytes and we're good.
    Just a FYI if anyone else runs into this issue.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:14 PM