Outlook - Operation Failed - Only when adding new calendar event and cached mode is off RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

The issue I'm having is with one specific user in my domain. On his local machine with Outlook running with cached mode on, he has zero issues sending/recieving email and adding/editing/deleting contacts and calendar events. (It should be noted that calendar events don't show up on his exchange account on his mobile device but we will slay one dragon at a time ;) )

However, on the OWA or remote outlook (where cached is off by default) whenever adding ONLY a calendar event we recieve the error "Operation Failed" in a small popup dialog box. No further descriptions. Again, he can work with email and contacts with cached mode off but just not calendar events.

Also, is should be noted that on his station when we turn cached mode off we also recieve this "operation failed" error. So we've been able to narrow down that "operation failed" only appears when cached mode is off and only for the calendar.

Any and all help would be appreciated to send me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by Bob_Sacamano Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:06 AM

Answers

• Okay, I have found a solution to this problem and figured I'd put it here before deleting...just in case anyone else is hitting a wall on this problem.

The user in question had a lot of old calendar reminders, I'm talking over 20/30 that were weeks some months old. I cannot tell you the timeframe in which that cleared up the problem but after pressing "Dismiss All" on his calendar reminders the problem was gone. Again, time frame I don't know. I was working on it last night and this morning it was functioning...took me about an hour to figure out why that happened.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:28 PM