How to stop someone from entering computer(s)/devices on my network. They are entering as system/network admin. RRS feed

• Question

• I have the MS security. I worked at a company for 14 years, they gave me 4 laptops over that time. I moved to a new place and the neighbors have managed to get into my network as the system admin. Unfortunatly, my job ended due to lack of projects and the company told me to keep the computers so I no longer have direct access to my actual system admin. He set my profile to local on my computers. I have admin rights but this person keeps going in and making changes to everything. They even made it to where I could not access wifi and deleted my profile at one time. I am not technical but I did a system restore to retrieve it. I have looked everywhere and MS security does not see it as a threat so does nothing. I would like to set myself as my own system/network admin. This person has deleted/changed stuff on my childrens kindles because they are set up in my name. I have been blocked from posting to facebook etc. I have no idea what to do and really would like my privacy back. I check event viewer and see that they mirror my recent activity and do all kinds of stuff with my security that I cant change. They are very good at what they are able to achieve and I know so very little about IT. I feel like David and Goliath, only I forgot the stupid rock at home.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:46 AM

All replies

• Add to above: This has been going on for months now and I literally feel violated. They have even messed with my Xbox One, that right there should be a 25 year sentence in prison. Anywho, Im begging you brilliant people to help me. I have no where else to turn and cannot afford to take it to an IT professional.

My computers are older but they work for me, I have the following:

HP Probook 4530s Windows 8 (BIOS 501 Error) thanks to the Windows 10 update - I cannot get this one fixed, Ive tried everything on HP and MS support sites.

HP not sure (old notebook) (windows 7)

Dell Latitude (Windows 8)

Asus (windows 10)

Thank you,

Carolyn

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:52 AM
  • ATA can detect on a number of malicious threats on a domain based network, however it will not detect on changes which are part of a normal network change (windows updates, group policy), nor a device which is no longer part of a domain. It will also not detect on changes to xbox or kindle devices.

It sounds as though there is a bigger issue going on with your computers/network which I would start with reinstalling the operating systems on your pc's and not having them connected to your previous domain/system.

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:52 PM