none
cant initialize disk or unallocate, no drive letter and drive not showing in "mycomputer" RRS feed

• Question

•  cant initialize disk or unallocate, no drive letter and drive not showing in "mycomputer" please help
    Friday, January 27, 2017 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Kiptakular,

To help you better, please tell more detail information about the issue. If the external device doesn’t diplay, we could check with the diskpart command, please refer to the link below.

http://www.howtogeek.com/197296/how-to-use-the-diskpart-utility-to-assign-and-remove-drive-letters/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also I suggest that we could check the USB driver. If you use a USB cable to connect, we could change another USB cable to check.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Hi Kiptakular,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:32 AM