Access issue in sharepoint 2007 portal RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a sharepoint 2007 portal in my organization.

the problem is that a single employee in my organization was unable to access the site. wenever he tries to access, web page cannot be found error is thrown.

i try adding him in any groups/ as single user but the problem is nt getting resolved for him.

i dunno wat wil be the reason behind it.

for other web applications in the same server has no problem for him. only a single web application creates problem.

any solution is highly appraciable.

Aruna

Monday, March 5, 2012 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Remove that User from All people and re permission the user on the site .

Site actions => site settings => advanced permissions => all people => remove the user and readd the user with the appropriate permissions .

Regards

Sushant Khambekar

____________________________________________________________ Regards - Sushant Khambekar - MCTS Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you. Sharepoint Admin - Moss 2007 , Sharepoint 2010 http://sharepointtechs.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:13 AM
  • Hello Aruna,

First thing you need to check is whether the problem is machine specific. Check with user if he is able to access from another workstation (where it works for any other user)

If its working from another workstation, then its clearly machine specific issue.

In that case verify the IE proxy and other settings.

If its not working from anywhere, then check if this particular web app is configured for NLB and is the user able to ping the web app from workstation

::> Ping www.yourWebApp.com etc.

In that case, also apply the solution provided by Sushant.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:29 AM