none
Datacard IDCentre Gold supported for smartcard printing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Quick question... I know that Datacard IDWorks Enterprise is supported for FIMCM when using with smartcard printing, but the question is, is Datacard IDCentre Gold also supported? For what I've heard, they are the same product.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:24 AM

Answers

• Ok, got this thing working by using the bulk issuance client, but only in x86 Windows 7.. With x64, the exact same configuration, I always get IPC error from the Printing plugin... Anyone here on the forums have got smartcard printing working with bulk issuance client on x64 Windows 7?
    • Marked as answer by Narcoticoo Saturday, April 18, 2015 5:07 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:12 PM

All replies

• On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:24:59 +0000, narcoticoo wrote:

Quick question... I know that Datacard IDWorks Enterprise is supported for FIMCM when using with smartcard printing, but the question is, is Datacard IDCentre Gold also supported? For what I've heard, they are the same product.

The only product currently supported is Datacard IDWorks Enterprise. Smart
    Card printing in FIM CM is very finicky and while Datacard IDCentre Gold
    may work, you're better off sticking with what is actively supported.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    Q. what do you get whan you cross a tsetse with a mountain climber?
    A. nothing, you can't cross a vector with a scalar.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:27 AM
  • That's what I thought of.. although I think they're selling the new CD800 -printer along with IDCentre Gold and not with IDWorks Enterprise. I've also noticed that IDCentre is mentioned on some posts on this forum, trying just to get some accurate information...
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:33 PM
  • On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:33:09 +0000, narcoticoo wrote:

That's what I thought of.. although I think they're selling the new CD800 -printer along with IDCentre Gold and not with IDWorks Enterprise. I've also noticed that IDCentre is mentioned on some posts on this forum, trying just to get some accurate information...

If you let them know that you're using it with FIM CM you maybe able to get
    Enterprise instead. You may have to have your reseller talk to Datacard
    about this. Failing that, you could tell them that you'll try ID Centre but
    that if it doesn't work, you want to be able to return it.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    A train station is where trains stop. A bus station is where busses stop.
    A Work Station is where...

Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:38 PM
  • That's exactly what we're doing right now... We tried two different CP -printers and couldn't get 'em to work and now we're switching to CD800 (the two-wire model) because it's the only printer I can find from the web that truly has the support told by MS. I'll post results about IDCentre if we get a chance to test it.

Friday, February 21, 2014 6:40 AM
  • I'm solving this with MS support now. Datacard printers come with 5 different reader configurations and in my case, changing the reader didn't change the behavior. We've now tested the configuration with CD800 (SCR-331DI reader) and SP75 Plus (Gemplus and SCR-331DI readers), the outcome is always the same. Portal asks the card to be inserted so that it can be assigned (have to insert it into external reader at this point), after this the print button comes up, I click it and card prints, after this the portal asks to insert the card for the actual enrollment, again I have to put the card into external reader... frustrating indeed.

MS support hasn't come up with anything yet. I was hoping that someone here has the working configuration and could check the profile template settings from the working configuration as well as the permissions on the profile template in the ADSS.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:17 PM
  • Ok, got this thing working by using the bulk issuance client, but only in x86 Windows 7.. With x64, the exact same configuration, I always get IPC error from the Printing plugin... Anyone here on the forums have got smartcard printing working with bulk issuance client on x64 Windows 7?
    • Marked as answer by Narcoticoo Saturday, April 18, 2015 5:07 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:12 PM