Installed Project Standard 2013 and Project Pro 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have 3 "Project" Support questions.

1) I downloaded and installed Project Standard 2013 and then I later also downloaded and installed MS Project Pro 2013 (as I need to work with Project Server  on one of company's customized SharePoint Apps that talks to Project Server and Project Pro 2013). In order for the sync to work between Project Pro and  SharePoint do I need to uninstall Project Standard 2013. [In one application I am trying to sync my Project Pro project plan with Project Server/ and SharePoint. I am having some issues with the sync and I am wondering if that is because I still have Project Standard 2013 installed].

2) 2nd Question.  if I uninstall Project Standard 2013, and I do not work exclusively with Project Server and SP at enterprise level - can I still use Project Professional 2013 independently from needing to sync with Project Server? I guess I am trying to figure out that I will still be able to create project plans on my laptop with Project Pro when I uninstall Project Standard 2013.

3) Last question - What is the downside if I leave both apps installed? [Project Standard 2013 and Project Pro 2013]. Do I have to uninstall one?

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:16 PM

Answers

All replies