none
Multi-site CCR question RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of moving our network infrastructure to new IP addresses. We currently have a CCR cluster on the same subnet. Our plan to migrate with no down time is to move the passive node to the new subnet. Then fail over and then move the other node.

I have a couple of questions with this:

Where do I add the IP address for the new subnet in Failover Cluster Management? Do we have to change the IP before the new subnet can be added?

Is there a downside to doing it this way? The new and old subnets are in the same datacenter so have LAN quality communications.

Thanks

Kenny

Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Per my known, to move passive node in CCR to different subnet, you need to update the IP address on the passive node with the second subnet and reboot the server. And failover clustering will detect the changes.

Then you need to add an IP address resource to the default Cluster Group, and assign it an IP address in the second subnet.

To do this, you can check the following steps:

1. On the Failover Cluster Management MMC, Expand Services and application and select
    the CMS name.
    2. In the middle pane, Right Click on the Name resource and select Properties. On the
    IP Addresses Section click Add to add an additional IP to the Name.
    3. Click on the dependencies tab on the Name resource.
    4. Insert the newly added Ipaddresses with an “OR” condition

There is no downtime because you don't change IP address of acitve node.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 16, 2015 7:13 AM