none
Project Owner Changed but notifications are going to Old Owner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All 

I have a scenario where I have changed the Project Owner field online but the Resource Approval notifications are still going to old owner and not the new owner, published the project and still send approvals to old owner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thansk
    Sembian

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:32 PM

Answers

• Sembian --

Open the project in question and apply the Gantt Chart view.  Temporarily insert the Status Manager column and change the Status Manager value to your own name for every task.  Hide the Status Manager column, then save and publish the project.  The Status Manager value is what determines WHO receives task updates from team members and not the Project Owner value.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:35 PM

All replies

• Sembian --

Open the project in question and apply the Gantt Chart view.  Temporarily insert the Status Manager column and change the Status Manager value to your own name for every task.  Hide the Status Manager column, then save and publish the project.  The Status Manager value is what determines WHO receives task updates from team members and not the Project Owner value.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:35 PM
  • Thanks will give it a try , I really appreciate the help
    Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:52 AM