none
Continue Backup on Failure in DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to guide/configure DPM 2010 that continue backup on failuer.

"if a backup came across a file it could not backup for any reason, such as permission denied errors or a corrupt file, the entire backup would fail and you would have no recoverable data until the issue with that single file was resolved. DPM 2010 will now continue to back up other files, skipping the one with the problem, and log those files that are skipped at the end of the backup."

http://blog.chrislehr.com/2009/11/data-protection-manager-look-at-2007.htm

Plz help.

Thanks

Ramdas Singh

Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Nothing special needs to be configured, however, it's only for file server protection, not applications.  If DPM 2010/2012 cannot backup a file it should skip the file and notify you that files have been skipped via an alert.  With that said, I have seen certain errors still cause the backup to fail, so I'm not certain if we only continue on error for some pre-determined errors.  If you have a specific error for a file that is causing the backup to fail, I would like to know so I can investigate.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:44 PM