Repeated failure at creating a new account, help is very very much appreciated RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Vista Home Premium for a year now, and recently tried to create a new account.

I am able to use the control panel to create a new administrative or standard user account, but when i try to log onto the newly created account, i get the error message-'The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded'. Vista then proceeds to log me out before i can enter the newly created account.

Things to note-

I have tried many of the suggested solutions on the web, but it does not solve the problem.

Regedit only list the current administrator account i am using and the guest account that i have activated (after i have created a new account).

The C:\Users does not contain any other accounts.

I am able to log on with a temporary profile after the User Account Control has been shut off, but nothing is saved in temporary profile so that is not very useful. And everything does not work well in temporary profile.

I am not willing to restore system or reinstall vista because there is a substantial amount of work that i will lose.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:26 AM

All replies

• YES!!! i solved it

This might not apply to you tory, but there are plenty of online solutions for it.

In my case, the hidden file -NTuser.dat in the hidden folder C:\Users\Default became a notepad (.txt) document.

I suspect this was why vista was unable to use the default user to create a new user at first logon. To whoever else has similar problems, i would reccommend setting file options so that hidden files are visible, and make sure that NTuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log1, etc are in the C:\Users\Default folder.

I copied the NTuserdat from a xp computer and put it on my vista computer, and have been able to successfully create a new account. Just ask a friend to get it for u off thier vista computer and put it on a usb for you.

Make sure NTuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log1 remain unopenable programs (do not set default open to word text) and everything should be sweet after that.

I hope this advice rly helps everyone else out there with the same problem. I spent ages searching for this solution, found none, but im really chuffed that i figured it out on my own.

Friday, March 26, 2010 3:40 AM
  • YES!!! i solved it

In my case, the hidden file -NTuser.dat in the hidden folder C:\Users\Default became a notepad (.txt) document.

I suspect this was why vista was unable to use the default user to create a new user at first logon. To whoever else has similar problems, i would reccommend setting file options so that hidden files are visible, and make sure that NTuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log1, etc are in the C:\Users\Default folder.

I copied the NTuserdat from a xp computer and put it on my vista computer, and have been able to successfully create a new account. Just ask a friend to get it for u off thier vista computer and put it on a usb for you.

Make sure NTuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log1 remain unopenable programs (do not set default open to word text) and everything should be sweet after that.

I hope this advice rly helps everyone else out there with the same problem. I spent ages searching for this solution, found none, but im really chuffed that i figured it out on my own.

Friday, March 26, 2010 3:40 AM