none
Email sent with my email address without my knowledge

All replies

• Hello,

Is it an Exchange account?

If so, please ensure:
    1. Have you configure your email account in multiple client, mobile or Outlook client?
    2. Do you configure delegate access as your assistant?

If this issue remain exists, please enable mailbox audit log, then check the results about "SendAs" or "SendOnBehalf" action.
    Meanwhile, try to analyze IIS log (default location: C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1) to find out mailbox login information.

Another option might be consideration is that we can analyze its message header by ExRCA to find the original submitting host.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Any update about this issue?

Please feel free to let me know, and also propose/mark the response as answer if it helpful.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:49 AM
  • it's spam mail, please change your password.

Manohar Dahare

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:00 PM
  • On January 19, 2017  I received an email from my email address but I didn’t send such email.

I checked my “sent items tray” but it is not there.    

How is this possible?

Sure its just not a spoofed message? Check the message headers to see where where it came from.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:10 PM
  • Total agree with Andy,

You need to know the source of that email > Run the message trace or header info > That will tell you the Source IP and much more info

The email that you received which you do not see in sent items > Does it have a subject or anything in Subject?

Do you use any third party Mail gateway or MS EOP? Are you on core Onprem setup or hybrid with O365 

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:28 PM