none
MIM 2016 SSPR Answer Constraint User Description and Answer Constraint Violation Error Message not able to be changed RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I just changed both the User Description and Answer Constraint Violation Error Message in MIM 2016 and I noticed that it did not change the text message for either one of these items.  Thought I was crazy and tried it on FIM 2012 and it worked as expected.  I've now tried it on two MIM 2016 environments and I'm getting the same issue.

I can change the text in the workflow configuration just fine, but it doesn't show up correctly when an end user is going through the registration process.

any assistance would be appreciated.

-Peter

Monday, November 23, 2015 10:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I've reconfigured the user description and answer constraint violation error message on my MIM 2016 lab (build: 4.3.1935.0) environment and can confirm this issue aswell. Questions can be changed without issues, the constraint messages however are not being modified.

I've tried recycling the appPoolCredentials, restarting the registration site, performing an iisreset, restarting the MIM Service and rebooting the MIM server all together. All without any luck!

I think you might want to open a ticket with Microsoft Support for this one, as it seems like a bug.

Good luck!

EDIT: In the meantime you can use the resource.string "QAGateRegistrationOneOrMoreAnswersFailedValidation" to present the user with information when they enter invalid answers. More info on resource.strings

Wouter Landuyt | IS4U FIM/MIM Expert Blog: blog.is4u.be

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. Thank you!

• Edited by Wouter L Friday, November 27, 2015 2:13 PM Info on temporary alternative
    • Proposed as answer by Wouter L Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:57 PM
    Friday, November 27, 2015 2:03 PM
  • Thanks Wouter - I did that, but it now looks confusing to the user.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:44 PM