Bluescreen on nearly every boot. RRS feed

• Question

• On a fresh install of Windows Vista Business when I reboot ofter seeing the desktop for the first time I keep getting the following blue screen.

0x0000007B (0x80204EA0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

There is no error text on the top. The PC is an Acer Aspire E500.

It works fine on the first boot after setup but then stops working, even after a reinstall and then I rebooted nearly straight away and it did it.

When I installed it on XP I used the following SATA driver 'ULI SATA driver 5287' this time vista didn't ask for a driver.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 8:14 AM

Answers

• I couldn't get through to Acer support but someone from the Microsoft Private newsgroups offered me much help.

It came down to the BIOS needing to be upgraded, I was given a link ( www.acersupport.com.au ) and it fixed the problem, and a few others that I was having after.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 1:28 PM

All replies

• Try updating your SATA Drivers and your Chipset Drivers. If the BSOD would reoccur update the BIOS. You might need to contract acer to be walkedthrough with the updates.

Does your system a Windows Vista Ready system?

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 6:20 PM
  • Plz make sure that u r using the right key because if u edit some other key ,you might end up in bno boot stiuation, so plz take a back up of ur registry and then follow with these steps.

Exit all Windows-based programs.then Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. 
     If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue. 
     and Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci 

In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify. 
     In the Value data box, type 0 , and then click OK. 
     On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 9:55 PM
  •  

A stop 7b / 34 is ALWAYS hardware related (usually incorrect storage driver or out of date BIOS)

The stop code indicates the o/s has lost the connection with the storage subsystem.

Changing any settings in the o/s (including registry) will not help, and could make things worse.

Contacting the HW vendor is the best advice.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 2:43 AM
  • Thank you all for your fast replies, I will contact Acer and see if I can get updated BIOS files and newer SATA drivers.

On their website it says the Aspire E500 is Vista ready (which I can tell myself) but this time around I couldn't figure out what the error was.

I will reply here when I find a solution.

Thank you all.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:14 AM
  • I couldn't get through to Acer support but someone from the Microsoft Private newsgroups offered me much help.

It came down to the BIOS needing to be upgraded, I was given a link ( www.acersupport.com.au ) and it fixed the problem, and a few others that I was having after.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 1:28 PM