Error 0x8007000d Can't find sources\install.wim on disk in dvd drive RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to do a new install form a brought windows vista CD. After putting in the windows key I get a message saying it can't find D:\sources\install.wim (D is my DVD drive with the disk in) error 0x8007000d. I have used another computer to look at the disk and the file is there why can't it find it on installation. You then click OK and get back to the begining and it all starts again. HELP.
    Wednesday, February 7, 2007 9:58 PM

All replies

• I had exactly this same problem.  Trying to install Vista Ultimate x64 from DVD.  I enter my product key, then it takes a nap with an hour glass pointer (for several minutes), then it comes back telling me that installation failed because it couldn't read install.wim.   This is a fresh install on a brand-new computer with a DVD I just purchased from a reputable vendor.  Since it was a brand new machine, I suspected the DVD RW drive might be the culprit, I swapped it out with an older one I had on the shelf and everything worked as it was intended to.  I'll be sending the bad DVD RW drive in for an exchange tomorrow!
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:45 AM