none
Project Server Loosing Resume Date? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running project Server 2010 SP1, December 2012 CU and I've just noticed something weird.

it looks like that when we Update Projects and set the remaining work to start after a specified date, the data is lost when the project is reopened. It looks like related to the Resume Date that is not read from the database when the project is opened.

Steps to reproduce:

- open a project
    - identify a task that is started (contains some actuals)
    - click Update Project
    - choose "reschedule uncompleted work to start after"
    - Specify a date in the future so a split is created
    - Save project
    - Check in Project

At that stage, everything is normal. The split is kept and if i query the draft DB, I can see that the fields ASSN_STOP_DATE and ASSN_RESUME_DATE are correctly updated in the DB

- Open Project
    - the split is gone and the remaining work is back to its original position
    - If I check Stop and Resume fields in MS Project, Resume date is the day after the Stop Date
    - At that stage the Steop and Resume fields in Ms Project are not aligned to ASSN_STOP_DATE and ASSN_RESUME_DATE fields
    - Saving the project updates the ASSN_STOP_DATE and ASSN_RESUME_DATE fields

Can anyone else reproduce the same behavior?

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:46 AM

All replies

• Am i the only one experiencing this problem?
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Hello!

You are not alone. I am experiencing this issue too. But I have noticed it only recently (November 2013).

I am using MS Project 2013 (stand-alone version).

In my case, I don't even have to reopen the file. I only push the "Calculate Project" button and all the splits are gone!

As a workaround, I have adopted copying and pasting resume field everytime I reschedule incomplete work.

I could not find any other reference to this problem. Please, if you find anything to correct this issue, let me know, please!

Thanks!

Monday, November 25, 2013 12:31 PM