none
project server 2007 project note column display problem? RRS feed

• Question

• When  tasks with note are submitted in PWA My Tasks page,  , the task  will   be shown in the project professional as the following format   :

[Resource Name]
    note content

After  manager publish the project to project server , the notes are shown in  PWA Project center page  l as the following format :

[Resource Name] ...

The important notes content are omitted. After the testing, this is due to the newline after the [Resource Name], and the note also can not contain newline, otherwise it will be omitted. If this is the case,  the default format of notes can not be displayed completely  in project page (export excel does not work), project manager need to modify notes one by one in project professional before they are released. 

there is any convenient way to solve the problem ?

Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:06 PM

All replies

• sunfound --

I understand your dilemma.  If it were me, I would have someone write me some VBA code that I could run regularly on my enterprise projects to remove the carriage return characters after the resource name in task notes.  Other than that, I am not sure that there is any convenient way to solve the problem.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

<p>Dale A. Howard [MVP<span>]</span><br/> </p>

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:07 PM