none
Expose Notes Field on Edit Resource Page in PWA 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We'd like to provide the ability to enter notes about a resource in PWA in Project Server 2013. Ideally this could be done on the Edit Resource page. I know how to create a custom field and to have it displayed on that page. However, it seems like that shouldn't be necessary since there's already a Notes field for each resource. How does one go about getting the Notes field displayed on the Edit Resource page in PWA? And perhaps in a Resource Center view as well?

Thank you for any insights.

David Kaiser, PMP, MCTS, MCITP
    Schedule Associates International
    www.ScheduleAssociates.net

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:39 AM

Answers

• David --

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to display the Notes field on the Edit Resource page in PWA.  If you want to edit the Notes field, you need to check out the resources you want to edit in the Enterprise Resource Pool using Microsoft Project Professional 2013.  To edit the Notes field, right-click the resource and select Information on the shortcut menu.  In the Resource Information dialog, click the Notes tab and enter your note for the resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:46 AM

All replies

• David --

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to display the Notes field on the Edit Resource page in PWA.  If you want to edit the Notes field, you need to check out the resources you want to edit in the Enterprise Resource Pool using Microsoft Project Professional 2013.  To edit the Notes field, right-click the resource and select Information on the shortcut menu.  In the Resource Information dialog, click the Notes tab and enter your note for the resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:46 AM
  • In addition to the excellent reply from Dale, I'll add that you cannot insert the note field in a resource center view. I may suggest (if your notes are not to long) to create a text custom field. Be aware that in order to be able to display a text field in a PWA view, it has to be a simple text field and not a multi-line text field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:30 PM
  • Dale and Guillaume, thank you for taking the time to respond, and for the pointers. I guess we'll just do it in the client or create a custom resource field for use in PWA. And I know not to spend any more time trying to figure out how to do it!

David Kaiser, PMP, MCTS, MCITP
    Schedule Associates International
    www.ScheduleAssociates.net

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:56 PM